Poly Parenting

Communities is a track that focuses on the communities that many fen are also a part of (but are or can be separate from fannish interests). This includes among others the BDSM, homeschooling, Jewish, Pagan, poly, and SCA communities as well as other self-identifying communities.

Moderators: mjs, omly

Poly Parenting

Postby idolform » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:50 am

I wasn't ready last year, but my little one will be nearly 17 months by next con and I've got stories and advice to share. Between myself, my husband, and our partner, sometimes I feel like we're cheating having an extra person but I don't know how we'd do it otherwise. I'd also love to hear from poly parents of toddlers and elementary school age. That's a desire I've heard form others as well.
idolform

Re: Poly Parenting

Postby alytamtam » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Hello! I am a child of poly parents and I couldn't help but notice how many new parents were on the panels discussing poly parenting. I am not here to say that their views were invalid, I am merely saying that as a grown woman there is a lot more crap than they have faced yet. I would greatly appreciate either a veteran poly parent or a grown child of a poly parent to speak at the panels.

I hold a similar opinion on sex positive parenting as a grown child of sex positive parents.
alytamtam

Return to Communities ideas