Whole lotta Sheldon goin' on

Communities is a track that focuses on the communities that many fen are also a part of (but are or can be separate from fannish interests). This includes among others the BDSM, homeschooling, Jewish, Pagan, poly, and SCA communities as well as other self-identifying communities.

Moderators: mjs, omly

Whole lotta Sheldon goin' on

Postby JeffWarner » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:59 pm

Some identify with "The Big Bang Theory" as a pseudo-documentary. Some decry BBT as a 'dork-face' humiliation of geeks and nerds. No one can deny that it has brought representations of Fans to the attention of the General Public.
I'm all verklempt...Discuss!
JeffWarner

Re: Whole lotta Sheldon goin' on

Postby howardbeatman » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Including a discussion of how similar President Obama is to Sheldon Cooper...
howardbeatman

Postby millerdan2009 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi, all,

Seeing as I can't recall serious discussion on "The Big Bang Theory" at Arisia, particularly with focus on its portrayal of a world or worlds that we at least recognize, and particularly since Jeff initially proposed this panel in 2012, perhaps it might be beneficial finally to discuss it. In light of the regularity on the cast of an actual scientist, as well as the clear evolution through which the show has gone, this seems timely and apt.

Thanks,

Danny
millerdan2009

Postby RachelKenley » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:34 am

I love this idea! I think it would be well received, well attended and quite lively!

- Rachel K
RachelKenley

Postby JeffWarner » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:34 am

When they were four lonely nerds i thought of BBT as a Documentary. Now that they have girlfriends and wives i now recognize BBT as Fantasy.
JeffWarner

Return to Communities ideas