Photographing Costumes and Conventions

Workshops that can be done at con.

Moderators: mjs, omly

Photographing Costumes and Conventions

Postby RavenS » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:37 pm

I could see doing a panel on tips, techniques, and etiquette for doing photography at conventions--whether it's of people in costume, sellers in the dealer's room, etc.--but personally I would have much more fun doing this as a hands-on topic!

The workshop could begin with a discussion of the topics mentioned above, and then move to a couple of different locations to discuss shots and let people take pictures (BYO camera). Sort of like photography-themed travel tours, but short and at Arisia. I would recommend the lobby, the con suite, and the dealers room as possible locations to go with the group, but whoever is leading might have much better ideas.
RavenS

Re: Photographing Costumes and Conventions

Postby awexelblat » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:48 am

I would be very interested in this panel but I'd like to have it in the Costuming area and have costumers on the panel. There's a wholly different point of view from the person in front of the camera versus behind it.
awexelblat

Re: Photographing Costumes and Conventions

Postby MichaelMeissner » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:46 pm

Sounds like an interesting panel. If you need another panelist, I would be willing to help (I'm the guy that carries around the massive steampunk camera, but I've also helped do a similar panel at a Steampunk convention).
MichaelMeissner

Return to Maker forum