Fannish Behavior: 3:2:1 Rule & Other Basic Tips for Newbies

Fan interests is a track that focuses on interests within the fannish community. Some of these topics are series specific like fanfic, while others are of more general geek interest such as social media or technology.

Moderators: mjs, omly

Fannish Behavior: 3:2:1 Rule & Other Basic Tips for Newbies

Postby sydtol1 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:56 pm

Every con is someone's first con. What advice would we have for someone who is coming to a big show for the first time? Everyone has a variation on the 3:2:1 Rule (a minimum, per day, of three hours' sleep, two meals that don't come out of a vending machine, and one shower), but what other basic things might people not think about?

- How important is it to stay hydrated? (Very, obvs.)
- What should be in my bag? (Tylenol, some kind of quickly accessible food like a granola bar or protein bar, etc)
- If I have an emergency, what/who do I look for?
- What are the other semi-obvious things that everyone always forgets until they're two days in?
sydtol1

Re: Fannish Behavior: 3:2:1 Rule & Other Basic Tips for Newb

Postby awexelblat » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:05 pm

I think you mean 5:2:1?
awexelblat

Postby sydtol1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:46 am

I do, but numbers are not my friend sometimes.
sydtol1

Postby Gecko » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:08 am

sydtol1 wrote:I do, but numbers are not my friend sometimes.

"Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."
Gecko

Postby sydtol1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:22 am

*tips hat*
sydtol1

Return to Fan Interest ideas