Star Wars Episode VII panel

Fan interests is a track that focuses on interests within the fannish community. Some of these topics are series specific like fanfic, while others are of more general geek interest such as social media or technology.

Moderators: mjs, omly

Star Wars Episode VII panel

Postby Anna_erishkigal » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:49 am

Since the movie hasn't come out yet, but WILL be out by A'16, our members will EXPECT us to have a variety of Star Wars themed panels and events. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) it will be good like IV-VI and not bleh like I-III, but unfortunately we won't know until mid-December when our programming is already set.

What kind of Star Wars panels can we suggest that sound like we're up on the latest events? That are interesting to run-of-the-mill FANS of these films and not just the usual 5-talking-heads?
Anna_erishkigal

Re: Star Wars Episode VII panel

Postby Anna_erishkigal » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:47 am

One possible idea:

Weapons of Star Wars

Have our weapons-masters, gunsmiths and swordsmen run a panel where they describe how realistic some of the light sabre dueling is, will that wierd sith-cross-saber thingy work without cutting off your own fingers, and also the laser weapons. And WHY can't the stormtroopers ever hit a target?

Would be great if they could put together some film-clips from past Star Wars films + some real-life swordplay / shooting footage to compare. Athena School of Arms did a video show last year in events about Game of Thrones that I have in mind as I'm speaking of 'film clips.' A hybrid of this would fit great into a panel-room with some discussion between real-life experts.

I'm envisioning this as more of an intellectual discussion. Though Events will likely entice our weapons experts to do some hands-on light saber dueling or bokun classes as well.
Anna_erishkigal

Return to Fan Interest ideas