A Fannish Guide to Boston

Fan interests is a track that focuses on interests within the fannish community. Some of these topics are series specific like fanfic, while others are of more general geek interest such as social media or technology.

Moderators: mjs, omly

A Fannish Guide to Boston

Postby millerdan2009 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi, all,

{Checking the Web sites for Arisias past, it appears that the last time we had this panel was our first year in the Westin [full disclosure: I was on said panel, and it was fun, which is why I remembered it]; it feels like enough things have changed over five years that perhaps this panel is warranted again.}

Are you new to Boston, and looking for the best fannish places to go and things to do? Have you lived in Boston all your life, but want some new ideas for stuff to try out? Then this panel is for you! Listen to our panel of local experts discuss any and all things fannish to see and do in Boston, from the comic stores with the best back issue and trade paperback selections, to local museums with a nerdy bent that you may have overlooked, and everything in between!

Thanks,

Danny
millerdan2009

Re: A Fannish Guide to Boston

Postby MichaelMcAfee » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:21 pm

What geographical area would "Boston" consist of? How about Cambridge, Somerville, Brookline and other places accessible by the subway (please refrain from jokes about the subway in winter :D ) and bus lines? Extended out to places accessible by the commuter rail, such as Salem?
MichaelMcAfee

Re: A Fannish Guide to Boston

Postby millerdan2009 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Hi, all,

MichaelMcAfee wrote:What geographical area would "Boston" consist of? How about Cambridge, Somerville, Brookline and other places accessible by the subway (please refrain from jokes about the subway in winter :D ) and bus lines? Extended out to places accessible by the commuter rail, such as Salem?

I did in fact mean the Boston area, within reason (i.e. Salem works for these purposes). Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks,

Danny
millerdan2009

Return to Fan Interest ideas