INGRESS - the world you had no idea existed

Fan interests is a track that focuses on interests within the fannish community. Some of these topics are series specific like fanfic, while others are of more general geek interest such as social media or technology.

Moderators: mjs, omly

INGRESS - the world you had no idea existed

Postby kimeepower » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:11 am

I would love to see a panel about Ingress. If you don't know about Ingress go to www.ingress.com
I found this on a website on how geeks stay fit. Basically it is a real life game.
There is sooo much to this game, we can talk strategy, factions, connections & events.
I wish I knew about this 5 years ago.
kimeepower

Re: INGRESS - the world you had no idea existed

Postby awexelblat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:59 am

The game has only existed for a couple years (I've been playing since beta). There are some Ingressers among the Arisia community but the overlap is surprisingly small.

Also, being as Ingress is a game maybe this is more a game panel idea? I did discuss Ingress a bit on a games panel a couple years ago but maybe it's gotten more popular enough now to have its own panel? I'd be on a panel regardless.

ETA: One reason I'd like to see this in gaming is that Ingress has a large proportion of female players. Since female gamers and their representation are an important issue in the games community I think that's worth addressing.
awexelblat

Return to Fan Interest ideas