Samuel L. Jackson: King of Genre Film

Panels, lectures, hands on, viewing.

Moderators: mjs, omly

Samuel L. Jackson: King of Genre Film

Postby millerdan2009 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:43 am

Hi, all,

Ever since his genre début in 1993 in Jurassic Park, Samuel L. Jackson has made a highly successful career on the big screen, becoming the highest-grossing actor of all time according to many sources, and a significant number of the roles Jackson takes have been in genre film. From playing Frozone in The Incredibles, to Mace Windu in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace and beyond, to Nick Fury in any number of Marvel Universe projects, Samuel L. Jackson makes any role he takes memorable and entertaining. Come celebrate the ongoing career of one of Hollywood's modern-day icons with Arisia, and we'll keep the monkey-fighting snakes off the Monday-Friday plane.

Thanks,

Danny
millerdan2009

Re: Samuel L. Jackson: King of Genre Film

Postby trowa_barton » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:57 pm

It should be noted that his film career started earlier than '93. My first recollection of him was "Coming to American" in '88.
trowa_barton

Re: Samuel L. Jackson: King of Genre Film

Postby millerdan2009 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:47 am

Hi, all,

trowa_barton wrote:It should be noted that his film career started earlier than '93. My first recollection of him was "Coming to American" in '88.

Indeed that is true, and a check of IMDB indicates a career going back to the 1970s. But his first SF/F/H role was in Jurassic Park.

Thanks,

Danny
millerdan2009

Return to Films & Video ideas