Recruiting for Staff Den

Arisia News and Announcements

Recruiting for Staff Den

Postby boykit » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:19 am

Dear Recruits,

Help us make staff den awesome at Arisia 2014! Join the league of highly trained food ninjas that create the amazing food experience of Staff Den. No prior experience necessary! Void where prohibited. You will be fed delicious food!

Let me start by introducing myself and my partner in crime. I am Kit Golan, and I am co-area head for staff den 2014 with Christina Schoenfeld. We have both been attending/working Arisia for several years (this will be her fifth and my 11th Arisia). Previously, we have both worked in Ops/Security primarily, but this year, we are joining food services because Conor has asked us to head up Staff Den. Christina will be primarily facilitating the menu and organizing the cooking, as she is the ninja chef among us. I am responsible for recruiting, scheduling, and coordinating with others about Staff den as I tend to be the logistics ninja.

We are currently in the process of recruiting staff for staff den (both chefs for pre-con and volunteer-types at-con), so if you think you might be interested or you know someone who might be interested, please let us know! Feel free to forward this email to anyone you think might like to join the league or give me their contact information.

Some things that may be in the works for Arisia 2014 staff den:
Mix-and-match cards to make creating your own meal more fun.
Staff Den Staff tee-shirts
Staff Den party

I know Arisia 2014 may seem like ages away, but we like to recruit early, to ensure that no one gets overworked. It takes many, many man-hours to fully staff the Staff Den, keeping it running well (clean and well-stocked with food), and we want to ensure that we have enough staff to do so.

In addition to the obvious goal of making sure that the Arisia staff is well fed, we are devoted to making the experience of working staff den fun and worthwhile.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns or if you are interested in joining THE LEAGUE.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Your staff den ninjas,
Kit & Christina
boykit

Return to News