Crafter/Costumer Looking for a Roommate or a Room 2014

Moderator: mjs

Crafter/Costumer Looking for a Roommate or a Room 2014

Postby killpurakat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:39 am

So, I have a room booked for Arisia from January 17th to January 20th, 2014 (3 nights). It is in the Westin Boston Waterfront, and my reservation says it has one King bed. I'd like to split room costs with someone (because, at $136 per night, it is a bit much). Likely, if we stick with my room reservation, the other people would be sleeping on the floor or on any furniture in the room (if a big chair is present). We can also ask the hotel for a cot, but I'm not sure if we'd get it. 3 roomies would be ideal.

Shoot me a message if you're interested. Info about me below (probably more than you want to know):

I am female, asexual, a non-smoker, 32 years old, and I will be (mostly likely) coming by train Friday night. I will be bringing some costumes with me and entering the masquerade (so, if you are a judge for that, probably best to avoid me). Chances are, if I can get away with it, I'll be bringing my sewing machine with me (and if not, I will definitely have a well-stocked emergency sewing/crafting kit). I'm not a party-person, so I won't be hosting any late night shindigs (nor do I particularly want anyone else to in the room). I do like to use my laptop to listen to internet videos in the background at times (especially while crafting), my favs being Nostalgia Critic, the Spoony One, and ProtonJon's Youtube channel.

I admit, I am a total geek, and will gladly talk nerd with anyone who wants to. :) I have several college degrees in the sciences, so my geek speak sometimes gets more technical than most people like (rarely, but it does happen). I am usually not a dramatic person, but I can be high-energy (especially when getting my costumes together and ready to go). I'm not the type to order room service, and I wouldn't mind having a roommate buddy to go cruising for food with (especially because I don't know the area). I don't have any sleeping disorders, but I do like to sleep with some noise (I usually use a small fan to make a low hum to drown out night noises, but if the hotel room has a fan built into the heating unit, I'll use that).

Chances are I'd just like one roommate (mostly because I don't know how big the rooms are, and I don't want to feel cramped while resting), but that's negotiable.
Last edited by killpurakat on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killpurakat

Re: Crafter/Costumer Looking for a Roommate or a Room 2014

Postby kasta001 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Hello, I am enjoying making plans too. I have booked my flight. I just want to clarify that dates for the room. You said you have it for 3 nights. But you said you had the room for Jan 17 - Jan 20, that would mean that we had it for four nights: check in-Jan 17th and check out-Jan 20.

Can you clarify what specific nights you booked the room for check-in/check-out and how many nights the room is book for in total stay?
kasta001

Postby killpurakat » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:22 pm

The way the hotel sets it up, we have the room for three nights and four days. The nights are January 17th, 18th, and 19th (which we pay for), and then we check out by noon on the 20th. Four nights would be having the room on the night of the 20th and checking out on the 21st.

Also, according to the times I have in my email, we can check in at 3pm on the 17th (although, from other con experiences, they will usually let you check in early if the room is available; it almost always is available).

So the reservation is for three nights, from 3pm on the 17th of January until 12pm (noon) on the 20th of January. The email states exactly that, and that the charge of $136 per night is done for three nights (17th, 18th, and 19th).
killpurakat

Postby Girlguy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:21 am

Hey I'm interested. I'm, 20. female and a MA native. Would be bringing a costume as well, I'm also a crafter.

Do you have a contact email?
Girlguy

Postby killpurakat » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:21 am

Eep! Sorry I didn't see you had posted (checked this early Saturday and there was nothing new). Thanks for finding me on Deviantart and letting me know to check this. I'll contact you via the email you sent me on deviantart (forum posting can make things confusing).
killpurakat

Postby Lilypond81 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:54 pm

I am very interested. Would you like to email me or FB message me to talk particulars?

It is actually me and my boyfriend, both Cosplayers. We are traveling up on Friday night and heading out on Sunday.
Lilypond81

Postby molotovmaybelle » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:30 pm

Hello,

I am a 33 year old looking for a room share, I am costumer and a crafter as well.
Please feel free to message me if the room offer still stands. :)
Thanks!

Lesley.
molotovmaybelle

Postby killpurakat » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:03 pm

There are two other people in my room right now (confirmed, so these two get priority), and one of them is highly allergic to most types of dander and smoke smell, so my room isn't the best fit for you. Sorry.
killpurakat

Postby killpurakat » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:49 pm

And now there are three people confirmed to be rooming with me. So I am full up and can't accept any more roommates. Apologies to any who wanted to be my roommate.

Check out the other people on this board, or try the LJ Arisia community if you are still looking for a room!
http://arisia.livejournal.com/
killpurakat

Return to Room share