No Johnny Zed?

Moderator: mjs

No Johnny Zed?

Postby Hacksaw » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:03 am

My sources tell me that there will be no Zed dance, apparently because the events staff wants to try having the Masquerade and then Zed's dance after, on Sunday, instead of the usual Saturday, and Zed can't afford the extra day.

I can certainly appreciate the idea of wanting to expand the con, I prize it greatly, and have enjoyed the extra day of activities. However, I'm very concerned.

Many people, by my experience, must leave Sunday night, as they always have, because Monday isn't a holiday for them. Sunday night for a 'till dawn dance is simply not doable for many people.

Has anyone looked at the attendance figures?

I fear this will actually harm the con. It'll certainly make it less fun for me.

I urge the events staff to reconsider this move.
Hacksaw

Re: No Johnny Zed?

Postby DDA » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:28 pm

According to Nchanter, 1/4 of the people staying in hotel rooms checked out Sunday and, thus, wouldn't be available for either the Masq or Zed's dance.

I, personally, share your view that moving his dance to Sunday evening (plus the way it was communicated) is a bad thing. Events has said they will be having dances every night (I assume that includes Sunday) but hasn't (yet) said who will perform when and for how long. Since it's still somewhat early in the planning, I don't expect them to have all that info yet, though.

The bottom line is that, baring something significant changing, Johnny Zed won't be spinning Saturday night and, most likely, won't be at Arisia at all (take note, Security).

This makes me sad. :(
DDA

Re: No Johnny Zed?

Postby victorgriffin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:50 am

It is really very sad that the dance will not be there but lets see what more is there for us.
You can see more on attorneys south Florida.
victorgriffin

Return to General questions