Conservative Fen

Communities is a track that focuses on the communities that many fen are also a part of (but are or can be separate from fannish interests). This includes among others the BDSM, homeschooling, Jewish, Pagan, poly, and SCA communities as well as other self-identifying communities.

Moderators: mjs, omly

Conservative Fen

Postby Gecko » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:29 am

Not all in fandom are holding hands, singing kumbaya without a politically incorrect thought through his/her/hir/its head. Some of us are travel even beyond the shadowy lands of libertarianism and are *GASP* conservatives. It's time for a free wheeling and fearless discussion on puppydom, the perils of OC enforced conformity, our genre heroes and if the next president will offer a pardon to Hilary Clinton.
Gecko

Re: Conservative Fen

Postby howardbeatman » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:09 pm

As a conservative myself, I have often been shocked by the prejudice expressed by liberal fen at Arisia. It is only in the last 2 years that I have been brave enough to publically object to these expressions at the time. And I have been pleasantly surprised that, most of the time, the other fen around have agreed with me.
howardbeatman

Return to Communities ideas